Exploring Bangor, Maine
Bangor was our second stop in Maine. We were there from August 24-26. Though there isn't a ton of tourist attractions here, the scenery is beautiful and it's great if you are just looking for a little down time. It's definitely worth a day or so en route to your visit to Acadia.
Highlights of our time in Bangor, Maine
- Pleasant Hill Campground
- Dysarts Truck Stop & Diner (a must)
- Stephen King self-guided tour (don't pay for a tour...it's all easy to find)
- American Folk Festival
- Visit with Toni's friend Naya from High School
We were in Portland Maine from August 20-23. This is a city on the Southern coast of Maine known for it's ports that would export Lumber from Northern Maine. The city has several parks, the Old Port area for shopping and restaurants, and then several quaint towns surrounding the city. LL Bean has their flagship store here and we were able to watch the eclipse from their location. They had eclipse glasses as well telescopes set up for the event. The store itself it worth checking out.
Here are all of the highlights of our stay in Portland:
- Friends and Family Campground at Sebago Lake
- Old Port
- East Prominade
- West Prominade
- Two Lights State Park (must do)
- Len Libby's Candy Shoppe (Worlds Largest Chocolate Moose...1700 lbs!)
- Saco River Canoe and Kayak
- Tubing down the Saco River
- LL Bean
August 7-August 12 update
This week we camped in Provincetown on the Cape, and then headed to Boston, where we are camping about 35 minutes out of the city. The whale watch was the highlight of our week in P-Town. Our videos are on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube...they are a must see! So far we are loving Boston. So much to see here and lots to do! Here are a few photos and a video about the highlights of our week! Thanks for following!
Aug 3-Aug 6, 2017
The second half of the week was even busier than the first. This is a longer VLOG, but we covered a lot of territory in a few days and saw so many amazing sites. This will easily be a couple of chapters in our book!
Here are some of the highlights of these days!
- Dinosaur State Park, Hartford,CT
- Noah Webster Museum, Hartford, CT
- Mark Twain House & Museum, Hartford, CT
- The State Capital Building, Hartford,CT
- Thread City Crossing Bridge (Google it)
- Mystic, CT
- Newport, RI
- Ocean Drive, Newport, RI
- Cliff Walk, Newport, RI
- Aquinnah Cliffs, Martha's Vinyard
- Gay Head LIghthouse, Martha's Vinyard
- Menemsha Beach (Jaws), Marthas'Vinyard
- The Flying Horse Carousel, Oak Bluffs, MV
- All of the towns of Martha's Vinyard
July 31-aug 2, 2017
We accomplished a lot this week so we had to split the VLOG into two segments. This is from our time spent in New Jersey & Connecticut.
Here are some of the points of interest we saw:
- Weehawken Dueling Grounds, NJ
- NYC Skyline & Liberty Views from NJ
- Teardrop Memorial at Cape Liberty, NJ
- Pez Factory & Museum, Orange, CT
- East Rock Park, New Haven, CT
Here are a few pictures highlighting these adventures!